Children and Family Hubs offer families with children places to meet new people. The aim is to ensure that all children get the best start in life and parents get the support and advice they need.
The children and family hubs offer:
• drop-in sessions for parents and children with activities including music, play and story time
• antenatal classes and baby clinics
• support for parents thinking about training or finding a new job
• links with local schools and voluntary agencies
• information and advice about breastfeeding, speech and language, parenting, health issues and all difficult experiences that families with babies and young children often face.
The hubs are supported by nine Children and Family Wellbeing Centres. There is also work being done in the community and in people’s own homes.
The centres will help to reduce inequality by helping the most vulnerable children and families.