The Regulatory Social Fund is a national government fund administered by the Department for Work and Pensions to people in need of essential items/services. The fund is in two distinct parts: Regulatory and Discretionary. The Regulatory Social Fund covers three types of payment including the Cold Weather Payments.
• A client must be in receipt of Income Support, Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance (Income based) or Pension Credit (guaranteed credit) and be responsible for a child under the age of five, or are getting one of the pension or disability premiums
• Receiving Income Related Employment and Support Allowance that includes a Work Related Activity or Support Group component
• Awarded Pension Credit
• Getting Child Tax Credit, which includes a disability or severe disability element
• The average temperature recorded or forecast over seven consecutive days by the designated weather station for the claimant’s area is zero degrees Celsius or less
• You do not live in a care home.
Value per week
• The Cold Weather payment is worth £25 for each qualifying week.
How to claim
The payment is automatic and will be paid within a person's benefit so no claim forms need to be completed.