Accessibility statement for Medway Family Information Service
This accessibility statement applies to the Family Information Service (FIS) which members of the public use to access information for children and families, for e.g. Childcare options and the Government funded childcare scheme. The FIS Directory can be found at https://admissions.medway.gov.uk/synergy/fisd_welcome.aspx
This website is run by the Medway Council Early Years Sufficiency Team. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• change colours, contrast levels and fonts
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We are aware that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
We are currently in dialogue with the third party provider to support the changes required.
• We need to ensure that throughout the website, plain English is used.
• We need to ensure that instructions such as ‘Click Here’ are updated to ‘Search’ and the instruction of ‘Finish’ is updated to ‘Submit’ and we are currently working on these instructions.
• We need to ensure that paragraphs are not lengthy.
• We need to ensure that images are described.
What we do well
• Users can enlarge the text up to 300% without the text spilling off the page
• Navigate with a keyboard
• Navigate the website with speech recognition packages
• Listen to most of the website with a screen reader
• The site is mobile phone friendly
• Good colour contrast
How to get information in an accessible format
• If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille you can fill in our online form:
• Request information in an accessible format
• Or you can phone 01634 333 333.
• We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 20 working days.
• Our Community Interpreting Service will translate documents into other languages.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact:
• call 01634 332195
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and
Support Service (EASS)
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Medway Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 18 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 18 September 2020.
This website was last tested on 18 September 2020. The test was carried out by the Medway Council Early Years Sufficiency Team.
We tested sample pages of the Family Information Service Directory.