Our Children and Family Hubs and Wellbeing Centres offer families with children aged 0 to 19 places to meet new people. This ensures that all children get the best start in life and parents get the support and advice they need.
At our Children and Family Hubs we offer:
- drop-in sessions for parents and children with activities including baby groups, and stay and play sessions
- information and advice about breastfeeding, speech and language, parenting, health issues and all difficult experiences that families with babies and young children often face
- links with local schools and voluntary agencies.
Little Chefs cookery groups
Little Chefs is a fun-filled cookery group for families with children aged 2 to 4. To book phone 01634 333 741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We run bump to breastfeeding drop-ins. Find out more on the #BesideYou website.
Little Food Explorers
Little Food Explorers supports you as you introduce your baby to solid foods with delicious recipes and dishes you can try together when attending baby groups in Medway.
Baby groups with Little Food Explorers run from the following venues:
- The Chatham Children and Family Hub and Burnt Oak Wellbeing Centre bookable through The Chatham Children & Family Hub
- The Wayfield & Rainham Children and Family Hub and Deanwood Wellbeing Centre bookable through The Wayfield & Rainham Children & Family Hub
- The Gillingham Children and Family Hub, Twydall Wellbeing Centre and Burnt Oak Wellbeing Centre bookable through The Gillingham Children & FamilyHub
- The Strood Children and Family Hub bookable through The Strood Children & Family Hub
Please click on the relevant Children and Family Hub below to book onto our next session in your area.
Medway Community Hubs and Libraries
Community hubs are an expansion of library services and are based at five libraries across Medway. They provide face-to-face contact for a variety of enquiries about council and partner services, including making payments, purchasing parking vouchers, and access to information and support. Please click here
for more information.
Medway Libraries offer a wide range of services for children, young people and their parents or carers. We also offer services for Children and Family Hubs, pre-schools, schools and other professionals working with children and young people. Please click here for more information.